Monday, March 22, 2010

First Day Of Spring in Arkansas

I decided that this year I would spend more time with my 2 grandaughters in Arkansas. They are growing so fast and I miss so much of their young lives.  I spent 10 days with them at Christmas and we had a lot of fun. We were happy about a snow storm that came in time to give us a White Christmas.  I was so glad I was there for that event. A California gal doesn't have too many chances to experience a white Christmas.
This week I flew again to spend Spring Break with the girls, Bailey and Addison,  and my son , John, and daughter in law, Stephanie.  The girls and I have been planning on planting a spring garden while I was here. They cleared out a spot in the yard, and had all the tools ready to plant some seeds for vegetables and flowers. On the first day of spring, the weather surprised us and instead of sunshine and warmth, we got a day of snow blizzards and 4 inches of ground covered in white. We made a snowman instead of planting a garden.  I was happy for another white wonderland, but the kids weren't that thrilled this time. We couldn't go anywhere on Sunday, so we all hunkered down in the warm house, playing on our computers, and drinking Margaritas. The girls had hot chocolate. We went out and had a couple of snowball fights and I got blasted. Our 6 ft. snowman (who really looks like a pig), lasted about 6 hrs before it tilted over and finally splatted on the porch. We all had fun and I'm glad I could be here to share in the fun.

1 comment:

Barbara and Ron said...

I'm thinking that's a fine snowkitty!